Re: Lace Plants

>Thomas Barr  wrote:

>Keep them cool(65-74 degrees) and you will have no problem growing >them
>generally as they are tougher than you might think. High light(up to
>5.5wattts/gal or low light 2 watts/gal works equally as well. CO2 sure
>helps. Substrates can be soil to old sand to flourite to almost every
>common plant substrate set up.

This is the ONE plant I have tried and failed to cultivate succesfully let
alone breed.  I finally figured out the problem: HEAT!  If you live in the
South, the very conditions that help you grow plants and fish w/o much
expense will doom lace plants.  It gets so bad down here (heat), I unplug
my substrate heating cables for veranda (porch) aquariums b/c in mid
summer, it stresses the plants and fish.  Growing lace plants?  If you live
in the HOT south...FORGET IT!  You'll need an aquarium chiller to keep the
water cool, or the plant will die (maybe heat resistant var. exist?)  There
was a neat DIY chiller built out of an old compact table to refrigerator I
once found om line I once considered building ....till I came to my senses.

See my ONGOING UPDATES of Plants and Driftwood  at;
http://floridadriftwood.com/aquariumplants.html
HOMEPAGE:  http://www.floridadriftwood.com
eBay specials;  http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/boukmn/