light questions

Hi there,

I have an 18g tank with an eclipse hood. I want to set up a heavily planted
tank, and I've read that it's best to have 3 watts of light per gallon. My
eclipse light is only 15 watts, and I've talked to hardware and lighting
stores that say that i can't upgrade that single bulb. I was thinking of
maybe having more bulbs installed into the hood - has anyone ever done
this? Do you have any other suggestions as to how I could increase the
lighting? Thanks

Sara