Re: Quick rise or normal yeast?

In a one liter bottle I place
1 cup of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of Fleishman's "Rapid Rise" or Fleishman's
"Active Dry" yeast.  Doesn't seem to matter which.

Fill to the shoulder of the bottle with tap water.

This will produce signifigant amounts of CO2 beginning in
15-30 minutes and last for at least 6 weeks.

But we have very hard water here, and I think that is part of
it.

I think any old yeast is probably fine, unless you want to
go with the "wine yeast" method, which will probably last
even longer since it can tolerate higher levels of alcohol in
the mixture.

Thanks,
Rod