Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #298

In a message dated 5/22/00 3:54:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<<
 Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 16:04:23 -0400
 From: Dwight <boukmn at mindspring_com>
 Subject: Re: Mangroves in an aquarium?

I grow cypress trees in an aquarium, yes it requires and open top, the heat
from metal halides retards their growth but I haven't found a bright enough
replacement. mangroves do well, as does a swamp cedar that lives around here.
All the plants in my tank are emergent, except for the cypress and mangrove,
most live a top a rock wall in the back of the tank with their roots growing
down into the water. The rock wall is about 1/2" below the water level. the
roots growing into the tank make an interesting and realistic display.

               Moon