Re: Ich and light

Aquatic Plants Digest wrote:
> > The cure was "Quick-cure" ( I recommend the 50% does as well)
> > and three solid days in total darkness.
>
> Does ich need light to function in some way during its life cycle? I don't see the
> connection.

No.  Light breaks down malachite green.    So some brands specify that
you should reduce your lighting during treatment.

But no medicine can actually kill all the Ich in three days.   Ich is
only vulnerable to the medicine during one stage of it's life.  It takes
10-14 days to get all the ich.

I did not reduce lighting when treating my 29g.  I added the med each
night, right at lights out I did partial water changes and added the
medicine every night, for two weeks.

--
Chuck Gadd