Re: Seasonal changes in water hardness/pH?

Sylvia writes:

My local water supply comes from the Snake River Aquifer.  During the period
of late Autumn to early Spring, we get significant precipitation, probably
90% or more of our total rain/snowfall for the year.  By February our water
is fairly soft and pure.  Then as the dry season ensues, the water hardens up
significantly.  We run hardness out of my tap anywhere from 50ppm GH to 160
ppm GH.  I would not be surprised to see other areas with wet and dry seasons
to be even more dramatic.  Places like Western NY, where rain falls at a
more-or-less even rate throughout the year, don't have nearly as much
variation in their water supplies.

Bob Dixon