Re: Algae on Wood

I have exactly the same thing, close to the high output fluorescents.  The
upper surface of the upper half of my driftwood, which reaches almost to
the top of the tank, has a very thin layer of bright green algae.  I do
have other algae in the tank (the tank is new), but this one is unlike any
other.

Gitte

Karen Randall <krandall at world_std.com> wrote:

I suspect a different answer.  I have a larger piece of driftwood in my
125G that comes right up to the surface, close to one of the MH pendants.
It has a very short turf of bright green algae on it, although there is
none elsewhere in the tank.  If you look at it closely, you can see
irregular "tracks" across it whre it is regularly grazed by the Otos and
SAE's in the tank.