Re: Amano's Algae

on 01:48 AM 5/19/00 , Ryan Mills wrote:

>Also, I would very much like to know how the driftwood
>in the tank on the back cover of the first Amano book
>can be covered with a rather nice looking algae while
>the rest of the tank is spotless.

Maybe I'm cynical, but I see two very obvious answers:

1. Ten minutes before the photo was taken, the driftwood was in a different
tank.

2. Amano and his minions painstakingly trimmed every last trace of algae
from every
other object in the tank.

Given what we know about Amano's tanks, neither answer would surprise me...

--
michael moncur   mgm at starlingtech_com   http://www.starlingtech.com/
"I have often depended on the blindness of strangers."  -- Adrienne E. Gusoff