RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #285

	To all,

	I am sorry this is so long, but I feel that someone has there shorts
in a bind when it really isn't necessary.  I have met Kean, I can attest
that he is not an absolute moron.  If you would care to reread his original
message which I have cut and pasted below you will see that it is a call for
help, on what he needs to do in order to bring plants into this country.  In
fact, please take the time to reread the last line, which asks for "useful
advice".  Please correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think that verbally
attacking someone is useful advice.

	Aaron Sparrow
	Aquarist
	John G. Shedd Aquarium

	Neil wrote-------You are an absolute moron.  If you even consider
smuggling in live plant matter.  Even though I am in Australia the harm it
could possibly do to your Aquatic ecosystem and even ours in the long run is
recomhensible.  I have imported plants in to Australia legally and the
restrictions are that tight that no plant is ever allowed to leave your
quarantine room and must be destroyed and witnessed and would imagine it is
the same where you are if
	you country has any brains which I hope has more e than you.
	cheers
	Neil
	Rainbow lover from the land down under------

Kean wrote ----Hi! I will be going back to Malaysia in another 2
weeks. I've been thinking about bringing some aquatic plants(if I can find
some good ones) when I come back to Chicago. My concern is do I need a
special permit from the US custom to bring in the plants. I'm not selling
the plants, I just want to keep them in my planted tanks.

If anyone can provide me any useful advice, that'll be great!-----
Kean