Re: RE:Algae/bio/bleach/Cladophora

This is interesting. In my very limited experience, I found that it's
generally one type of algae that seems to take over. I've had two different
tanks with different types of algae infestations at the same time, and trying
to introduce another algae was useless--it couldn't get a foothold. For
instance, I found that the green furry algae was not compatible with bba.
When I noticed the bba was brought in the tank with green furry algae and it
didn't make it, I tried introducing green furry algae in the tank infested
with bba to try to get rid of the bba, to no avail. When I set up a new tank
with plants and spores of both, the bba took off, rather than the green.

Maybe this is why algae doesn't get algae. So maybe it would be easier to
just grow a green hair algae tank. One wouldn't have to worry about getting
other algae. It doesn't look half bad either--but would be rather monotonous.
Maybe the black thread algae and the green fur algae for color variation,
though I didn't try to see if these worked out together, as I'd already
eliminated the black thread plague.

Sylvia
Sick of bba