Re: weird behaviour - dwarf neon rainbow...

>Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 19:29:02 -0400
>From: heinesen at idirect_ca

>Today, all of a sudden, something is different...
>I don't think any of the other fish have been harrassing
>him, and I don't know why he's staying down there.

In our experience, M. praecox are vicious little brutes. We had half a
dozen small ones in a 100g tank with 3 adult M. bosemanii and the praecox
killed one and shredded the fins of the other two. They were sneaky about
it too; we didn't see them doing it for awhile.

Later, after we took the remaining Boseman's out, we added another 30
praecox to the tank, at no small expense. That was quite a sight. We
"mysteriously" lost them one by one over a period of a year. No signs of
disease, just a dead fish every so often. We have been down to six for six
months now. Perhaps they were overcrowded and whittled themselves down to
the right concentration. Perhaps they are just very aggressive for a small
fish. Who knows.

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/