weird behaviour - dwarf neon rainbow...

I have four dwarf neon rainbow fish in my new tank (tank has been running
for almost 3 weeks now).  There are 3 males and 1 female.  Until now, they
have usually been seen together, and are always very interested in food.
They have been in the tank for about 2.5 weeks.  Today, all of a sudden,
something is different.  When I fed them this afternoon, two of the males
were "missing".  They didn't come out to eat.  I noticed them both hiding
down behind a group of Limnophila sessiflora, not moving around too much.
The third male and the female were feeding.  After a while, one of the
absent males did come out.  The last one is still back/down there; it seems
to be hiding.  I don't think any of the other fish have been harrassing
him, and I don't know why he's staying down there.

I thought maybe this was some kind of spawning behaviour, especially near
the Limnophila, but he doesn't seem to be trying to entice the female to
join him.

Then I thought maybe something was wrong with the water, so I tested for
ammonia and nitrite - - both are zero, as they have been ever since the
tank was set up.  Aside from lots of plants (and some algae), other
inhabitants of the tank are:

2 algae-eating (amano) shrimp
3 black tetras
3 siamese algae eaters

Does anyone have any wisdom to share?  I don't want to find the little guy
belly-up in the morning.

Thanks!
Gitte