A Co2 Diffuser idea...needs comments. Especially Gomberg & Karen

I was browsing the archives of late and happened upon Karen's Co2 diffuser.
 A clever little device consisting of little more than an upturned bottle
passively accepting Co2 from the bottom mixing w/ water flowing in from the
top.  Subsequent ideas were sudmitted adding bioballs and the like, but
IMHO its still Karen's idea until something really radical comes along.

I've come up w/ an idea that also adds to Karen's design but before I
invest the effort in a prototype I'd like your opinions.  The top diagram
is my modification.  The bottom diagram is Karen's original design (plus
some modifications suggested by others)
http://www.mindspring.com/~boukmn/Co2Diffuser.jpg

My hope is since the powerhead's impeller premixes the Co2 the overall
apparatus should produce a richer more Co2 saturated out flow.  What do you
Lurkers think?

For those w/ extensive mechanical Co2 experience, could a design such as
this one be sucessfully configured to a high pressure system?  I read
somewhere that Gomberg frowns on the approach but correct me if I'm wrong.

See my ONGOING UPDATES of Plants and Driftwood  at;
http://www.mindspring.com/~boukmn/P&L.html
HOMEPAGE:  http://www.floridadriftwood.com
eBay specials;  http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/boukmn/