Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #277

In a message dated 5/11/00 3:52:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

<<
 about six months after i set up this (currently vibrantly thriving ^_^)
 tank, this is about 2.5 years ago, with Tetra Initial D (really messy, had a
 bit of an algae outbreak for a while) and fairly dark standard aquarium
 gravel from the pet store i bought some red flint sand (it's not really
 sandy... more like small smooth chips of flint) to add to the aquarium. the
 stuff looked better, but about a month later... you can't tell i ever added
 any red flint to my tank. the chips of flint filtered down the relatively
 large spaces in the gravel.

 i've seen the size of onyx sand and flourish... eventually the onyx sand
 will trickle out of sight into the very bottom of your tank... unless the
 large majority of the substrate in the tank will be onyx sand.

Red flint and onyx sand? Is red flint easy to get where you are? Can you
direct me to where you can get it? I am also interested in the onyx sand.

                                                               Michael