About metal halide

I have been considering various lighting options lately, such as T8 and
compact fluorescent from A.H.S, to upgrade the lighting on my 20 gallon
long aquarium. Lately I have been trying to find out more about metal
halide, as this would allow for an open aquarium, where the plants could
grow out. (Open top aquaria are also much easier to get into, and
therefore encourage regular, frequent maintenance). I have found much
information on the Krib and on various reef aquarium sites about
building metal halide fixtures, but no information at all about finding
the light bulbs themselves or about the prices of them. So the question
is: where do you find 175 watt m.h. bulbs that are suitable for planted
aquariums and what is a reasonable price for them? TIA.
--
Josh Liechty
jliechty at custom dot net