Re: "lotus" seeds

Paul Krombholz wrote:

"I was thinking about the real lotus.  I was assuming that what
aquariasts
were using was some member or members of that genus.  I have never had
any
Nymphaea or Nulumbo species myself, and did not know that the lotus
plants
used in aquaria were misnamed.  How did that happen?"

IMHO, it is all due to the confusion years ago of calling the day
blooming tropical blue water lily the "Blue Lotus of the Nile".  The
world has never recovered from that (early marketing ploy?).

RTR/Robert