Nymphaea zenkeri - collecting fruit/seeds?

After two and a half years of keeping my tiger lotus neat and trimmed I let
it go wild.  About four months of letting the leaves reach the surface it
shot up a flower stalk which opened yesterday.  My understanding is the
flowers are self pollinating.  So do I need to assist in the pollinating or
will nature just take it's course?

If the flower does go to seed are they easily recognized and about how long
does the process take? how are the collected? and what the heck do you do
with the seed to propagate them?

Long time lurker,
Jim Wilson

Currently residing in Portland Oregon
Returning to SUNNY Seattle in about a month