Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #257

> Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 12:13:30 -0500
> From: "James Purchase" <jpurch at interlog_com>
> Subject: Re: MTS Please
> I know that they are only snails, but is there a reason why you are
> condeming them to certain death? Snails require a lot of Calcium in order
> maintain their shells - is there a reason why you are maintaining water
> conditions at such soft, acidic values?

Not "maintaining" it, it just is that way.  I don't add anything to it comes
out of the tap and into my tank via a Python and that is that.  I am no
scholar when it comes to my tank, but as all seemes to be doing ok, plants,
fish, shrimp I don't fiddle with it.  I f there is a way to add calcium for
the MTS shells without disturbing what seems to be a working balance please
let me know.

Thanks
Elaine