pruning tools...

What do others use for trimming dead/dying leaves from plants in their
tanks?  I find sometimes the leaf stems are too hard to break with my
fingers, and I end up getting just the leaf without the stem.  I thought
about manicure scissors, but I'm sure there's something better???

BTW, I got my first fish bite today.  While I was armpit-deep in the tank
moving a couple of plants around, one of my black tetras was quite
persistent in trying to munch on my arm.  It didn't hurt, of course, but
hey, do I look like fish food?  Or did he/she (don't know the sexes of the
black tetras yet, maybe someone can give me a clue on how to tell, they are
very young yet) think this "intruder" needed to be dealt with?

Thanks.
Gitte