Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #250,Subject: green water

I had a tank that I set up with a fertilized substrate.  My water slowly
turned green.  I ran a HOT magnum with the micron filter and it cleared up
the green water in a day or two.  But the green water slowly came back.  It
has been several months now and no more green water.  I suspect it was the
excess nutrients in the water causing the green water.

Neil

*  R. N. Shewmaker
*  email address:  shewmaker at hotmail_com