something interesting on greenwater

Being an aquaculture undergrad in our industry we go out of the way to
maintain "green water" systems to feed to other food organisms such as
rotifers.  There is a definate art to algae culture and I sure wish it was
as easy as the occurances of greenwater in aquariums.  Anyway from my point
of view I think that green water, given some time will die out by itself.
Being an algae it multiples preety much expotentially and goes through
phases... after the expotential phase it peaks and then without any more
nutrients crashes... ie no more algae... Im not sure how fish in the system
effects this as they are providing limited nutrients but I am going to leave
my tanks normal minus the fertiliser and see what happens :o)

Jon Hammond