Re:Green Water

I used to have a problem with my 39 gallon tanks at school.  They were in the
sunlight and were very well lighted as well.  An experienced aquarium man
told me to put an old fashioned simple corner filter in the tank.  The type
that goes inside the tank and has a short tube for air lifting water in the
center.  Fill the filter one half  with charcoal and pack the rest with
filter gauze.  These materials are fairly inexpensive and can be easily
obtained at the LFS  I did and it worked and I use it whenever so plagued
since then.   It cleared the 39 gallon tanks overnight.  It works for me.  It
is worth a shot.    I found that just massive water changes arn't the answer
for me.   Just thought I would stick my neck out and give this one a shot for
what it is worth.

Elmer L. Morehouse
Usually just lurking on this great site.