Re: Poll

>Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 13:12:19 -0400
>From: Damian Maddalena <dmaddale at wvu_edu>
>Subject: substrate poll
>
>What is your preferred substrate for a general planted tank?  IE, if you
>were setting up a tank today, what material(s) would you use to construct
>the substrate?

Flourite. I see it as the easiest beginner-expert plant tank substrate.
Rinse three times well, add to bare bottom tank, add old mulm from old tank
tank to seed the gravel and you can forget it from then on, Add only the
ocassional jobes/tablets etc but you need nothing else.
It doesn't move around, has a nice contrast with bright greens.

Bad part: Hard sometimes to get, $ pricey. But it will last longer than any
other stuff.
Depth 2 inches or so in the front going to 5-8 inches in the back(18 front
to back). Smaller tanks=smaller depths.

Regards,
Tom Barr