Python

>On another subject - I want to use something other than a bucket/hose and
>mouth-full-of-water to change water in the 120.  I am considering a Python
>or similar device.  I understand that one of these devices (can't remember
>which) advertised that it removed chlorine or allowed it to dissipate
>because it filled the tank by spraying the water into the tank in a fine
>stream.  Anyone have info on this and its effectiveness at chlorine removal?

I love my Python and can't imagine servicing large tanks with out it.
However, it certainly doesn't "remove" chlorine, and how much it will
dissipate depends on how you return it to the tank... Whether you just let
it pour back through the gravel cleaner as I do, or whether you use a
sprayer head type of return feed.  Even then, if you have chloramine in
your water rather than chlorine, it won't do any good at all.

But it really doesn't matter.  Since I only have chlorine to deal with, not
chloramine, I just squirt Novaqua into the tank as I pour the water back
in.  I know other people who don't even bother with this with a reasonable
sized water change, but I don't see the point of taking the risk.  If you
have chloramine, you'd have to use a cdechloraminator like Amquel.

I've been using my Python for well over 10 years, and I still love it.  The
only "improvement" I've made is to replace the plastic faucet adapter for a
brass one, which is much more duarable.

Karen