Re: Marc Weiss

"Adam Novitt" <novitt at javanet_com> wrote:

<snip>
> The whole 'planted tank' thing seems rife with this type of thing.  I recall
> some reflector ad saying that it doubled the brightness of your lamps in the
> That Fish Place catalogue. It seems to me that planted tanks are tricky, and
<snip>

A good parabolic reflector for fluorescent tubes, made of polished aluminum
and properly positioned, can effectively double the amount of light that
reaches the water surface, when compared with a no-reflector arrangement.
So in this particular ad the problem seems to be more on the side of not
providing enough information, than actually trying to mislead the customer.
I agree 100% with everything else you said though.

- Ivo Busko
  Baltimore, MD