Diamond tetra fry

Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

I have 3 female and 2 male diamond tetras. I've seen them spawn and lay eggs in
my planted tank. While that's not so unexpected, I was surprised to see fry
surviving and growing. There are about half a dozen fry visible in there right
now in various stages of growth, and who knows how many more that I can't see.

I guess that they find enough food in there to thrive; planted tanks must provide
what they need.

-- Stephen