R. indica v rotundifolia

I have noticed that "regular" Rotala seems to be
divided into two very different looking plants that
don't appear to be versions of the same thing grown
under different conditions.  One has golden to reddish
leaves with rounded tips, and the other has much
redder and larger pointed leaves.  In book two or
three of the Amano books, you can see both types
designated as indica and rotundifolia within a couple
pages of each other.  There is another common plant
book with a gallery style presentation that shows the
second type as "narrow leaf macrandra".  I'm confused.
These plants don't look like the same thing at all.  Thoughts?