Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #236

Aquatic Plants Digest wrote:

> Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 14:20:16 -0700
> From: "Birdy" <birdy at aa_net>
> Subject: R.E. T-8 Ballasts
> The difference, as I understand it, is the T-8 lamps, (the tubes themselves)
> are designed to be a more energy efficient form of lighting. (Numerous SNIPS
> throughout)  There are a lot of good T-8 lamps.  There are even some made
> specifically for aquarium use.

Thank you all for replying,  I thought that there was a difference, but I wasn't
sure.  I also wasn't too sure of the availablity of T-8 daylight, full spectrum,
etc., etc.  tubes.  BTW does Chroma 50s come in 4' T-8 tubes? I like the color of
these,  I'll have to do some more looking around.
The specs on the ballasts are "PowerLighting Ultra-Miser, Electronic Ballasts
cat.# E432PI120G11".  I picked up a number of them (real cheap) when Builder's
Square went out of business.
--
Later,
Paul E. Turley

"Anything you say can and will be used against you in the greatest possible
misinterpretation."