Re: dieing Rainbows and neon-tetras?

Tom,

I happened upon this in archives just the other day, while doing a search.

http://www.actwin.com/fish/aquatic-plants/month.9901/msg00648.html

discussed a whiteworm plague that wiped out a tank full of fish.

However, since rainbows (I think it's been noted here) seem to be susceptible
to TB, as well as neons which are rather weak and susceptible to diseases,
take notice of symptoms. Could be something else entirely--I didn't think TB
acted that quickly.

Sylvia

<<  Over the past 3 weeks or so I have notice a number of my neon tetras and
praecox rainbows dieing with increasing regularity.  I have been noticing
some small (1-2cm)white worm looking creatures running along the glass in
this tank (125g planted discus tank) and am wondering if these worms may be
the culprit? The worms don't look like Planaria (sp?) because they have what
looks like an "arrow-head" like font and they are usually sliding across the
glass or otherwise fully attached to gravel plants or glass. The discus look
fine but the neons and rainbows are starting to die of at unacceptable rates.
 With all the talk of fish TB I am wondering if some of my fish are now
victim to this or maybe some sort of parasitic invasion?  I don't notice any
lesions however I do notice some neons with areas that are turning white just
before the tail fin.  Any suggestions?  I am also worried about a robust
group of Caridina Jopoinica shrimp in the tank and what a likely medication
regime mi!
 ght do to them.  I have no other "Scale-less" fish only MTS and assorted
bristle-nose plecos, ottos, SAEs, Farlowella (sp?).
 Thanks so much for your help,
 Tom Brennan
 brennans at ix_netcom.com