Eheim Classic versus Professional...

I guess the seasoned aquarists are tired of the constant questions, from
newbies like me, about filters.  This one *isn't* about Fluval versus
Eheim; that's a no-brainer for me, definitely Eheim.  But Eheim Classic or
Professional?  I have almost decided that a classic is the way to go
(cheaper startup, cheaper maintenance).  A senior guy at my local fish
store showed me (what seems to be) a very easy way of keeping it clean
(enough).

Are there strong feelings among list members, about
advantages/disadvantages, Classic or Professional?

I really appreciate your input.
Gitte