No Subject

Hi, Tom.

It sounds like your neons are displaying one of the classical signs of "Neon Tetra Disease," which I posted on about two digests ago.  Unfortunately, there is no treatment except to remove and destroy infected fish.  Are your fish showing any other clinical signs aside from the white areas?  I can't say for sure without seeing them what your worm-like creatures are, but they sound like your run-of-the-mill free living flatworms to me.  If your worms have a visibly arrow-shaped head, it is a good bet that they are indeed planarians.  If they were parasitic flatworms, it is highly unlikely that you would see adults gliding around the glass and rocks.  They'd be exclusively on or in the fish.  The presence of the free-living flatworms in your tank may be indicative of other problems, however, including excessive amounts of organic debris.  I don't know what your tanks look like (they could be crystal clear and you might still have flatworms), but I would look to issues such as the crowding of your fish and water quality.  Both of these factors and any others that stress your fish may be leading to your outbreak of disease.

Cheers

Dave