Cannister Filter Recommendations

I'm looking into getting a cannister filter for my new 70
gallon aquarium.  I've never had a cannister filter
before.  I'm looking for one that is easy to take apart
and clean.  It looks like most cannister filters have
quick disconnect tubing.  Any suggestions on filters or
proper size filter for a 70 gallon tank.  Also do you have
to buy the manufacturers media type or can you add your
own media.  This will be a planted tank, hopefully with
Rainbowfish.

Thanks,

Michael