Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #225

> As Roger says, photosynthesis does not consume nitrogen. In
addition,
> bacteria do not perform photosynthesis. In this case, a double
negative
> does
> NOT make a positive <g>!

Bacteria DO perform photosynthesis. They are capable of
utilizing light as an energy source for growth and
synthesizing its own cellular components from inorganic
compounds like CO2, H2O, H2S, H2, and nitrate. There are two
classes: photolithotrophe and photoorganotrophe. The
cyanobacteria are photolithotrophe. Photolithotrophe bacteria
utilize H2S or H2 and sunlight for CO2 reduction and produce
glucose and elemental sulfur. Just my two cents.

Hoan

Get your own "800" number - Free
Free voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag