Re: Bacterial filtration

There are several people making the point right now that you don't _need_
bacterial filtration in a planted tank.

Last time I remember seeing this topic go around, though, there was a fair
amount of argument about how much of a _fish load_ should be kept in a
planted tank with just a powerhead for circulation.

I'm just speculating, but I think those of us with a heavier fish load
should think hard before getting rid of that canister filter.  Especially if
we're not sure that our fertilizing regimen is providing enough of
everything _else_.

Alysoun McLaughlin
Wheaton, Maryland