<< Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 16:30:17 -0400
 From: "Job, Damon" <djob at genv_org>
 Subject: TB in fresh water tanks

 Hi;

 I have two fresh water aquariums (37 and 55 gallon) with tetras, both of
 which are planted tanks. The tanks have been stable for about 1.5 years with
 few problems. However, I loose fish to TB infrequently, but consistently. To
 date, I have been somewhat averse to treating the fish because I would have
 to remove filtration media (purite and other ion exchange media). Has anyone
 had any success in treating fish, in a planted tank, infected with TB? What
 was used in treatment, for what duration, and on what species of fish? DO
 you have any anecdotal recommendations? Is there any good scientific data on
 treatment of TB in fresh water fish?

 Thanks for the help.

 Damon A. Job, Marine Mammalogist
 Washington, D.C. >>