Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #209

In a message dated 4/10/00 4:05:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<<
 I have considered a suggestion from another member, that is, allowing the
gas
 to flow into an upside-down jar affixed inside the tank, and allowing it to
 disperse over the course of the day.  This would require some
experimentation
 to discover the correct size jar to find optimal rate dispersion, etc. but
 would totally eliminate the possiblity of any accidents. Even if the jar
 became disturbed or tipped over, the gas would escape in one huge bubble and
 nary a fish would suffer. >>

 a few notes on the subject, i tried to hook up a yeast CO2 to a balloon
experimenting with my theory that the balloon would have enough pressure to
allow constant flow with no chances of an explosion or goo entering the tank
(this has happened to me but caught it within 30 min)  i did experimentation
on my theory but the balloon did not have enough pressure to make bubbles. if
anyone can think of a different approch to this and wants to try it e-mail me
privatly and i will tell you how i tried

Capt'n PATS