TB in fresh water tanks

Hi;

I have two fresh water aquariums (37 and 55 gallon) with tetras, both of
which are planted tanks. The tanks have been stable for about 1.5 years with
few problems. However, I loose fish to TB infrequently, but consistently. To
date, I have been somewhat averse to treating the fish because I would have
to remove filtration media (purite and other ion exchange media). Has anyone
had any success in treating fish, in a planted tank, infected with TB? What
was used in treatment, for what duration, and on what species of fish? DO
you have any anecdotal recommendations? Is there any good scientific data on
treatment of TB in fresh water fish?

Thanks for the help.

Damon A. Job, Marine Mammalogist
Washington, D.C.
- My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am
-"The mind is not a vessel to be filled,  but a fire
   to be kindled" - Plutarch.
-"Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas" - Virgil
-"Non ut vivam edo sed, ut edam vivo" - Opposing Quintillian
-"True science teaches above all to doubt and to be
   ignorant". (Miguel de Unamuno (1864-1936)
-`Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitas'
  (plurality shouldn't be posited without necessity)
  Occam's razor - William of Ockham (c. 1285-1349), English monk.
-"The really valuable factor in intuition" - A. Einstein (1879-1955)
- The key to success in life is a high degree of
   emotional intelligence.
- IQ is labile. This is a reflection of the natural
   neurological and evolutionary plasticity of organisms.