Re: RFUG

"II, Thomas Barr" <tcbiii at earthlink_net> wrote:

<snip>
> >Because of that, and because spray bars tend to clog easily
>
> I always use a prefilter for this reason before sending any water to the
> RFUG. I haven't ever had a spray bar clog in 12 years with this method.
<snip>

My experience with spray bars is related to a single filter brand: Fluval.
The spray bar eventually clogs with either debris that pass thru the filter
(bad design !) and/or something that looks like bacterial film. I bet the
problem could be fixed by enlarging the spray holes a bit, and providing
more effcient filtration. The x03 fluval design allows some water bypass,
and just recently I realized that and fixed mine.

Thanks for the insights on water circulation. I might try your underwater
spray in my larger upcoming tank.

-Ivo Busko
 Baltimore, MD