Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #209

>From: IDMiamiBob at aol_com

>Marine grade epoxy spar varnish will work just fine.  Non-toxic, non-soluble,
>and available in a colorless transparent.  A number of people have used it to
>seal wooden aquariums with a glass front.  It also sticks well to silicone
>aquarium sealant.
>
>Bob

The marine grade epoxy spar varnish sounds like just what I am looking for!
I am well aware of the problems of toxicity from man-made polymers, having
had an experience where toxic stuff from nylon killed all my plants.  I was
going to try acryllic spray-on varnish or polyurethane, but I felt that the
chances were pretty good that something toxic was going to come off of
them.

Now, If I can only find a place in the Jackson, MS area that sells the stuff---.

Paul Krombholz, in central Mississippi, expecting more needed rain,
starting tomorrow.