Using yeast for CO2

Well it seems another yeast in the tank issue happened. I'm sorry and I have
done it myself in the past. It's a mess. One or two big water changes
removes most problems if it does happen.
You can add a second bottle of plain tap water(or add something like salt to
it) hooked in series to avoid this. A simple tube going into the water and
another shorter one up above the water level to direct the gas to the tank
would work great. You'll never get yeast in your tank again. The second
bottle doesn't need to be changed much, if at all, and will help rid any of
that ugly fungus hanging off yeast line tubes. If the water backsiphons it
stops in the second bottle etc.
If you let your brew equalize to the temp of the room it won't suck out the
contents or the tank water killing the brew sometimes from the
expansion/compression of water at different temp's. Bigger airspaces help in
the bottles too.

For turning a yeast system on or off you can simply add the CO2 bubbles an
inch or so down below a small powerhead. Hook this up to a timer. When the
timer is "on"the bubbles get all ground up and spit all over the tank adding
CO2 to your tank. When the pump is "off" the bubbles just escape to the
surface and almost none is dissolved in the tank.

 OK folks got it now?
No airstones, funny valve set ups, manual on /off stuff, yeasty fish tanks!

This will do the trick,trust me, I have done about everything with yeast and
CO2 over the years. I have made every mistake all of you have made or at
least the ones folks talk about.
You can even hook the pump up to a controller and it will work with that!
You will not ever need to worry about your fish at night again, the CO2 is
off.
Regards,
Tom Barr