Newbie

Hi,

I am fascinated by the aquatic plant aquarium and
would
like to take it as a long term hobby. I need help in
the following areas:

(1) Is there a good book which I, as a beginner, can
    get hold of to start off my hobby?

(2) Should i seek a professional help to set up the
    aquarium or should i be doing it myself.I heard
    that there would be a high failure rate for
    beginner and it would probably cost more doing
    myself after all the trial and error than getting
    professional help to set up and imparting the
    knowledge.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Peter