Fungus and Precipitate in PMDD

Hello,

I tried to post this a couple of weeks ago but it did not show up?

With my last batch of PMDD, it developed a lot of fungus.  Also something in
the recipe had precipitated out leaving crystals of some sort in the bottom
of the bottle I store it in. My guess is that this is the KNO3 that is
crystallizing in the bottom?  I use a dark colored cough-syrup bottle and
store it in the refrigerator way in the back and us an old Dupla24 dropper
bottle to add 5-7ml a day to my heavily planted 125g discus tank. (I have
modified the PMDD formula to work in my tank as follows:

500ml water
1 tablespoons. trace mix (from Homegrown Hydroponics)
1 tablespoons. Epson salts (MgSO4+7H2O)
2 tablespoons. Potassium Nitrate (KNO3
2 tablespoons. Potassium Sulphate (K2SO4)

The archives indicate I might add HCL (hydrochloric acid?) to the recipe or
even lemon juice to help avoiding fungus or other bacterial growth in the
PMDD.  I have added 1/8 tsp. of SeaChem Acid Buffer (the pink granulated
stuff), to my PMDD recipe.  Is Acid Buffer muriatic, hydrochloric or maybe
sulphuric acid?? Does anybody know? Is the Acid Buffer causing the KNO3 or
K2SO4 to precipitate out as crystals in the bottom of the jar.  I can not
get them to dissolve, they are hard as rocks. Any other suggestions comments
are encouraged.

Thanks so much!
Tom Brennan