Re: CO2 and ph situation

Your test kit is wrong, and high amounts of CO2 ARE harmful (deadly,
actually).

I defer to resident test kit experts here to explain why. Otherwise, check in
archives. I recall (Roger?) gave an explanation of how these kits work, and
why they (or some, at least) are not accurate.

Sylvia

<< I just got a CO2 test kit and it shows that my water has 70 ppm CO2,
that's
 right 70. Now I'm trying to use the CO2/carbonate buffering system, but even
 at 70ppm, my pH is only 6.8. My KH is 3 and my GH is 5. According to the
 charts, with a Ph of 6.8 and KH of 3, my CO2 should be 20 ppm, but it's not.
 What else would be keeping my pH so high, since with 70 ppm it should be
much
 lower? Also, will my pH jump when I lower the CO2 input? (I know it should,
 but I also know it shouldn't be where it is now.) Also, my fish are all
doing
 fine and breeding well, so much for the over 20 ppm CO2 being harmful.