New Plants

Hi, everyone - While feeding my trout in my pond, I noticed this plant
partially submerged along the shore.  I dug it up and planted it in my
aquarium about a week ago. So far, it seems to be doing okay.  Does anyone
know what this plant is?  Is it a viable tank plant?  You can see this plant
on my website and also a picture of my tank stand and hood which I made from
an oak tree which grew in my backyard.  Please advise and thanks in advance.
http://members.aol.com/far55mar/myhomepage/bop.htm