Re: Cleaning Glass

It is not - repeat NOT - redeposited glass. If strong acids do not dissolve
it then it is not carbonates, and I am not sure what other possibilities
there are, but I can tell you it is not glass. The solubility of SiO2 in
water is so miniscule that this simply cannot happen. If it did, then we
would see the same sort of effect on the windows of our houses (from
raindrops) and our cars. Also, you can get hazyness on glass simply by
dissolving some, no need for redepositing. THis is what's behind etching
with hydrofluoric acid. If this happened with water then the insides of our
aquarium walls would all be hazy pretty quickly, no?