Re: Lead weights

Mark said:

> Instead of lead weights I have found common rock to be very effective.
> This method involved some work, but it remains very effective.
>
> First, locate some flat rocks about 1/2" to 1' thick.  Using a drill
> press and a 3/16ths concrete drill bit, drill a hole in the rock.  Keep
> the tip wet and slower rotation speeds are more effective than faster
> ones. Plan ahead to be sure that the rock will not interfere with other
> plantings in the aquarium.

If you want to find a great supply for these rocks in attractive
styles, see if you have a local Pier One Imports and ask for
Chinese Lucky Stones.  These are 1 kilo (2.2 pounds) of polished
river stones in a little mesh bag.  Cleaned, polished and attractive
for about $3 a bag.  The stone range in the 1/2" to 3/4" thick range
and Mark is right...they are perfect for drilling and attaching plants
to.

Jeff Taylor --- Paying good money for rocks in Louisiana