Re: Shipping plants

Dwight wrote:
Box Fees?" I used to hate that!  But now reality is having a sobering
effect on my idealism.
Sadly, I will also be including insurance charges in all my future sales.
USPS rarely screws up insured shipments.<<

Thats all well and good, but neither UPS or FedX will give insurance on
perishable products, and both also require government inspection
certificates for live plant delivery. I dont think the post office will
either. I would rather tell customers up front, that there is a chance some
plants may be damaged, and there is nothing that can be done about it.
People buy plants mail order so that they can pick and choose specific
plants that may not be available in their local store. If you can find them
at your local store, buy them! But if you want to custom design your tank
with specific species, not just what happens to be available at the store,
then its worth taking the risk to buy mail order. People have to understand
the reality of the situation and take some responsibility. If anyone selling
plants on the internet has been doing it a while, then you should assume the
majority of the time the plants arrive without difficulty...if not that
person wouldnt be around for very long. But that doesnt mean that
occasionally plants will arrive in less than favorable condition, its just
the nature of things.

Robert Paul H
http://www.aquabotanic.com