CO2 reactor problem

Until a few weeks ago, I was using DIY yeast CO2 which was being pumped into
a DIY counter-current flow reactor in my sump run by a powerhead. I asked the
group why I was getting a pocket of air in the reactor that would not
dissolve and the response was that all the gas coming out of the yeast was
not CO2, and so the reactor had to be periodically vented of these other
gases. Well, now I'm using a CO2 canister and I'm still getting the same gas
pocket. My flow is only 2 bubbles per second and it seems that the reactor
(although it has massive turbulence and gas/water mixing) is unable to keep
up with CO2 input. So are there still a lot of non-water soluble gases in
bottled CO2? I wouldn't think so, but let me know if I'm wrong.

Craig