Re: SFBAAPS Algae

Michael wrote:

>Possibly the other way around?  IOW, when it becomes less tasty it becomes
>more problematic!

>Live bearers must be capable of irony.  ;-)  But how DO you make the algae
>more tasty?

Michael wrote this as a joke, but I wonder if he is right.  It is
absolutely certain that horses will not willingly eat hay that looks and
smells very good to us, but has been grown with certain fertilizers.
(particularly chicken manure)  And _WE_ can certainly taste the difference
between a hydroponically grown hot-house tomato, and a garden tomato.  Is
it that much of a stretch to believe that algae can be more or less
palatable depending on the nutrient mix in the environment?

This is an aspect I've never seen discussed, but it seems well within the
realm of possibility.