Re: Mail Order Business Responsibility

I think that the important thing is that the mail order seller make it very
clear to customers what the shipping options are, and who is taking what
responsibility. This is what I do in my small mail order business (not
aquarium-related). I make it clear that the cheapest shipping (first class
mail) is at the buyer's risk. I have not had a shipment get lost yet. If the
buyer wants to pay more, then I use certified mail and I take
responsibility.

FWIW, a credit card company will not enforce a charge for a mail order
unless the seller can show proof of delivery. Even if you have proof the
buyer ordered an item, the buyer can contest the charge and win unless you
can provide proof the item was actually received by them.

Peter G. Aitken